The success of the Festival will depend on the support we recieve from the 100+ secondary school students, industry professionals and community volunteers we will need to make this event possible.
As a volunteer at the Festival, you will help facilitate the fun and learning at an interactive activity focusing on the importance of trees, forests and forestry. Working with groups of students, you will help them "leaf" into knowledge and perhaps you will discover a few interesting facts about trees too!!
All it takes is the minimum of a one day commitment and you can enjoy the satisfaction of helping to educate our students about the forests and the environment.
- You will be contacted by the Volunteer Committee early in September for confirmation of dates, times and agenda.
- Arrive no later than 8:30 a.m. at the Festival on the day(s) you are volunteering to receive your orientation and hands-on training.
- Wear something that will fit under the Forest Festival T-shirt you will be receiving when you register in the morning. This T-shirt helps teachers and students easily recognize you as a volunteer.
- Dress for the weather. The Festival goes rain or shine, and all of the activities are outside. We suggest wearing layers of comfortable clothing that you don't mind getting wet or dirty.
- Wear comfortable footwear, as you will spend most of the day standing and could experience all sorts of different weather.
- Come prepared to educate and have fun!
A Typical Day at the Festival
8:30 a.m. Arrive at Allan Park and register at the Registration Tent. After registration, you will be taken to your assigned activity station for hands-on training.
9:30 a.m. Grade 7 students, teachers and parent chaperones arrive for a fun filled day of learning at the Festival and at your activity.
11:45 a.m. Volunteers meet at the volunteer tent for a complimentary lunch.
12:30 p.m. Volunteers return to their activities and students, teachers and parents continue their day of learning at the Festival.
2:00 p.m. Volunteers clean up their activities and prepare them for the next day.
2:15 p.m. Meet at busses for departure.
Email Amanda at email@example.com to volunteer 🙂