The success of the Forest Festival depends on the support we receive from the 100+ secondary school students, industry professionals, and community volunteers.
As a volunteer at the Festival, you will help facilitate fun and learning at an interactive activity focusing on the importance of trees, forests, and forestry. Working with groups of students, you will help them "leaf" into knowledge and perhaps you will discover a few interesting facts about trees too!
A Typical Day at the Forest Festival
- 8:30 a.m. Arrive at Allan Park & register at the registration tent.
- 8:45 a.m. After registration, you will be taken to your assigned activity station for hands-on training.
- 9:30 a.m. Grade 7 students, teachers, and parent chaperones arrive for a fun-filled day of learning at the Festival.
- 11:45 a.m. Volunteers meet at the volunteer tent for a complimentary lunch.
- 12:30 p.m. Volunteers return to their activities & all festival attendees continue their day of learning.
- 2:00 p.m. Volunteers clean up their activities and prepare them for the next day.
- 2:15 p.m. Meet at busses for departure.
- You will be contacted by one of us early September for confirmation of dates, times and agenda.
- Arrive at the Festival for 8:30 a.m. on the day(s) you are volunteering to receive your orientation and hands-on training.
- All volunteers will be given a T-shirt that helps teachers and students easily recognize you as a volunteer.
- Dress for the weather. The Festival goes rain or shine, and all of the activities are outside.
- Wear comfortable and weather appropriate footwear.
- Come prepared to educate and have fun!
Email Nancy at firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer 🙂